Monday, February 4, 2008

Wedding Bells Is Ringing


I'm on my 25th year in this world ;-) and a lot of things change. Well, as the saying goes: "The only constant thing in this world is CHANGE". Since last year I attended a handful wedding ceremonies and christinings already. My friends were getting married and they have their babies. It's alarming!!! Oh my gush, I need to find that man already or else... hmmm... Does it really that alarming? Is getting married is alarming? What do you think? ;-) I think, it should not be the case because around 80 % of singles are being called for married life. So, in short its normal to hear news that people especially the singles of my age and onwards are getting married. Actually, it became alarming not because of the ceremony but because most of the singles now a days are still single ;-) like myself. The fear of being left behind from what is happening around is, I think the mean reason why it became alarming to me and to the rest. I came across with an article authored by Ms. Jochen Katz, she says: "Marriage is a creation ordinance of the highest calling. God has created us as men and women in order that we in godly marriages reflect some of his own nature, that we be a a visualization of his glory" The responsibilities that we get out from it , is not that easy. Married life should be a reflection of God's love. He won't allow us to be in a situation in which He knows that we can't handle it yet this time. We need to be mature not just in our emotions, but in our finances, physical, spiritual aspects. Knowing also that the calling is great and we need to expereience the process because this is the most exciting part. Unless, we will allow ourselves to undergo the process, that is the only time in which we can be assured that the result will be far beyond what we think. Katz added: The New Testament clearly teaches that marriage is a lifelong union between one man and one woman, one flesh. This is more than a man and a woman agreeing to live together sexually, even with the consent of their society. It is the exclusive commitment of a man and a woman to each other in a lifelong companionship of mutual love and care, until death parts them. Married life is an undying commitment and acceptance of the totality of the person we love. To all my single friends hope you got a new perspective in your being single this time. Don't allow yourself to be carried away from pressures of the world. God is assuring us that one day we can have our own story. He is not finish with us yet. For my friends and readers who are into a relationship right at this moment. Never jump right away in deciding to get married until a special go signal from the Lord will be sweetly whispered in your ears. Enjoy life's adventure and mind you, there's a lot more to discover in life while we are still single.

3 comments:

Reesie said...

Naigo ko dah.. At this time fof my life, I already want to get married. My boyfriend and I are emotionally ready but not financially so we are trying to stop ourselves to a much more bigger commitment. Yes che, you are right when you said that don't be on a rush and I'll try not to..hehe. Sometimes when you are too in love you can't think straight consequently doing something that you are not ready of...marriage!

Reesie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chie said...

hehehe... wala ko nangigo ha. I think it's reallity. Its good to have also other people to share with because there are things in which we can't see especially if we are the subject of the situation.