Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Real Friend

I got a chance to exchange some conversations with my very good friend using the messenger. We've been friends for about eight years already. She is always with me through thick and thin. I can really attest that she is someone whom you can relay on anytime. If I may recall during college I can easily identify this friend because she is one of the few students in our school wearing a long skirt. The standard skirt lenght of our school uniform is at least three inches below the knees but her skirt is I think around 6-8 inches below the knees. Her built is thin but she stands 5'4 inches. She used to have a partner named Ceasar. They were very closed, that almost everywhere when there is April there will always be Ceasar. To all the guys don't worry, because Ceasar is not her boyfriend and he never became her boyfriend at all ;-). I started to get to know her even more when I became one of the officers of the Junior Personnel Management Association of the Philippines (JPMAP) USJR-chapter. First glance, I could not see any commitment on her when it comes to doing extra curricular activities. She was very comfortable with her routines already. Going to classes, hanging out with Ceasar and the rest of the Stars Unlimited group and then went home to Carmen (northern part of Cebu province) a two hour drive from the school. As I came to know her even more, I found out that she is very intelligent and she has a lot of potentials that are still being locked within her. The good thing was that, she was willing to unlocked it. The time she started to get out from her shell, I saw how she bloom and became a better person. Her faith was also tested by God. Before we gradauted from college, her loving mom passed away. I saw the pain and the grieving she had, but God was so faithful with her. She remains strong and continue to live with great hope. Not only that, her bestfriend also dies from a tryicicle (its a local transportation commonly found in the philippines) accident. It made her afraid a lot of things. Since that friend was so dear to her, she was grieving for the second time. Knowing all these things, I felt so sorry, but I could not do anything about it. I don't have the capacity to take all those pains and grieving away from her. It's the work of God. I just left her to God, praying that she will have the strength to move on and realize that these things happens for some wonderful reasons. As years gone by. I saw her dedication to her chosen career. I will not be surprise if someday, she will became one of the pillars of human resources and gain professional recognation. I'm so blessed and grateful having this person in my life.
She don't know that I was inspired by her life story. It made me see a new perspective in life. She also made me feel special and capable of doing the things I felt I can't do it. She doesn't know this, but mid last year, as we were dinning in Harbour City in SM Cebu I was at the valley and have some self esteem issues going on at that time. I felt, I am nothing and of no use at all. I asked the Lord to send a person whom He can speak His word of encouragement. True enough, He send me April. I was so shocked when she told me this "Chie, your the best, don't allow yourself to be stepped by anybody because you made us who we are right now. Because of your leadership in JPMAP we became even more a better persons, We are so proud of you. " I was really about to cry at that time but I just hold my tears. She don't know what I was going through at that time but those words give me hope and I gain back my confidence. I owe a lot from this friend. This article is to honor her in a special way. She is Ms. April Rose Suico . My everdearest friend forever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.